Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY Canvas Photos



I know I said I'm not very crafty, but I saw this on Pinterest and I just had to try it!

So you know those really cool canvas photos you can buy that are really nice but also really expensive? Want to make them yourself?

Here's what you need:

- Paint Canvases from the dollar store ($1 to $2 each)
- Double sided tape
- Pictures
- Scissors


Before: I had these photos in cheap frames from Walmart. I felt like the frames really took away from the pictures, and they were plastic so they  don't hang well and kept falling off the wall.








Here's what to do:

- Tape the picture to the paint canvas
- Trim the edges with scissors

See what I mean .. too easy to resist!




After:  Now I love how these look on my wall, the canvas 'frames' really make the pictures pop. I think next time I will do this with 8x10pictures.


*You can also paint the sides of the canvas black






 Photos by ASH Images


I can't wait to do this again!!


Emma